Sunday 21 May 2017

Digital Intensive 19th May






  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?
Today's session extended my understanding of how to engage learners
through the use of sight, sound and motion. This will be something to look
for when assessing student literacy needs and to apply when developing literacy resources. This will be challenging as multimedia replaces pen and paper strategies using SAMR model.
  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?Time to reflect and share with colleagues.
Hangouts offer the opportunity to interact with colleagues without the need
to organise yet another JAM. This means a community of learning  can be
developed with others, especially those interested in literacy development
without having to leave the office. The medium here is the message as digital solutions for
literacy problems are created in a digital environment.
  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  
Using rubrics in the classroom to encourage student creativity is something worth
investigating.
  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life?
Google Keep apps on my phone will aid my ability to record student progress in the classroom, offering
the chance to capture whiteboard  instructions, student tasks and student work. This can be done
without the need to take notes or to copy assignments.

First Hangout attempt.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Marc. I appreciate reading the application you have made for teaching and learning in literacy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to catch up via hangout this week and put some of the skills learned into use. I hope you continue to find the sessions useful. This one was particularly designed to make your professional life easier and help you connect more widely...

    Thanks for sharing your reflection.

    James

    ReplyDelete