Thursday 6 April 2023

 Last week we looked at a text about the Blues. I also sat down and completed a PAT comprehension Test. After completing the test I was unable to tell if I'd answered the questions accurately, perhaps I didn't look hard enough. And because I'm not a Yr 9 or 10 student, I was unable to generate a Stanine. A feature of the test that became obvious right from the start was the need for the candidate to re-read the text each time they attempt to answer a question. This also applied to the text on The Blues. It's a good time to ask, do teachers consider this skill when presenting students with a text to read?




This is the reading comprehension results for a class who have been involved in the junior reading programme. Because of the disruptions this term and because of the curriculum demands on the teacher, these sessions were not held as often as I wanted. At this stage in the programme, students are still receiving a high level of teacher input.



No comments:

Post a Comment